Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Camping Adventures




We took the kids on there first camping trip of the summer a couple of weeks ago. We decided to go to the Yuba River in Gold Country. We invited my sister Bonnie and her husband Ryan to come along. It turned out to be a great weekend for the misquotes to eat us alive. We had fun but I really would have liked less bugs or better bug spray. We did our usual cooking in the dutch oven which was delicious and we went on a little hike to a waterfall that was a perfect area for the kids to play. Allison and Jared didn't seem to mind that the water was freezing but then again neither did Russ or I since it was a 100 degrees we all jumped in and that helped take care of our not bathing for three days. We also let the kids pan for gold which is not all its cracked up to be epically since we didn't find anything. We got to see a historical site where lots of other people found a lot of gold, I think they must have took it all. In all I think we all had a great time and hopefully we will leave the world behind us and go camping again soon next time I will take better bug spray.

0 comments: